Image Map

This Summer

Thursday 28 June 2012


I saw a lovely post on Elise's blog recently about her summer plans, sharing an idea that Rebecca wrote about.  Let's call it a summer to-do list.  But a fun one, not a naggy, horrible, "hoover under the bed and read the collected works of Charles Dickens for self-improvement" one.  So here's what I want to do this summer:

  • Go to the Edinburgh Festival
  • Make a complicated cake - possibly Dobos Torte. See here for a mega review of someone else trying it!
  • Complete Project Bunny
  • Have a smashing time at the Olympics
  • Take my lovely new tent camping again
  • Go to the football - either a pre-season Liverpool game or keep it local and go and watch Marine
  • Try a Zumba class
  • Have a picnic with Shell and Baby Jack because I just don't see the two of them enough
  • Go on a Ferry 'cross the Mersey! Would you believe I've never been on it?
  • Do or buy something a bit frivolous and not feel guilty about it
  • Chill out.  I am becoming increasingly incapable of not checking my phone for texts/emails/tweets/Instagram updates/blog comments every 5 minutes.  I know it's a terrible habit.  I'll have to lock it in a box or something
  • Write 15,000 more words of The Second Novel 
  • Finally, if I can fit it in (cos my weekends are quite packed!), go to the zoo.  I've never been to the zoo.

And as it's a well-known fact that you should always start off a to-do list with something you've already done, just for the sheer satisfaction of having something crossed off, here are TWO things that I wanted to do this summer that I've already done! Yesterday, to be precise.

  • Watch some outdoor theatre
  • Book an autumn break with the girls from work


We're staying here in October and having 5 days of loafing around and crafts and walks and trips to York and Durham.  BLISS.

I shall update you all at the end of August.  Or perhaps mid-September, depending on the word count of the novel.  I may struggle with that one. I've totally lost my writing mojo.

9 comments:

  1. that cottage looks absolutely beautiful! Enjoy zumba, it is so much fun I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the zoo! You have to go.

    I think a list is great idea. I have a few things I want to do. My top one is to visit the Rennie Macintosh house in Northampton. I must try harder!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. It's made me realise that mine is all 'paint cloakroom walls' and 'alter hallway curtains'. I can do better than that!!
    Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've never been on the ferry :o
    Tou need to go to Chester Zoo, its great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list looks like you are going to be busy! Love the look of that cottage, hope you enjoy Durham it's my old hometown and it's where my heart lives :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the list, I never seem to complete any of mine. The cottage looks lovely, I bet you will have a great time.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay look forward to seeing how it goes! My stupid sore leg seems to be getting in the way of everything lately, gonna do the indoorsy ones first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could combine Edinburgh with the zoo and go to see the pandas. You need to get tix ages in advance though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the zoo - I think I'm going to take the Rangers to Chester zOo - come with us?!

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!