Image Map

8 Things

Thursday 29 July 2010

Sorry for the lack of proper posts this week. I'm going to do a weekly outfit round-up tomorrow night as real life has got in the way of regular posting over the past few days. In the meantime, I thought I'd take on the following list of questions posed to me by the lovely Vicky. I have to answer the 8 questions that Vicky set and then set 8 of my own for some other bloggers to answer...

1. What is your dream job?
I'm lucky enough in that I love my job and I love the organisation I work for and truly believe in the work it's trying to do. I don't want to be doing my current role forever though - I've always wanted to conserve and care for old houses and their contents. Plus a flat is usually part of the job and the prospect of living in a castle or stately home is quite thrilling to me! Perhaps I'll be brave enough to go for it in the next couple of years - I can stay within the organisation but it means upping sticks and moving by myself to wherever in the UK the job happens to be and it's a scary prospect. Also I have to train for it in and around doing my normal job because I'm not lucky enough to have mummy and daddy fund me while I do an MA and then volunteer for a year, so it's not the quickest process!

2. What is your favourite item of clothing?
I'm currently completely in love with this. Cool eh?

Is it acceptable to wear it outside the house though? Probably not.

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I honestly don't know. Probably still single - I have no luck with men but it doesn't really bother me. Hopefully just enjoying my life and doing interesting things.

4. Who is your celebrity crush?
I have so many! Oh dear, that's what happens when you're a sad singleton. Henry Cavill, Michael Sheen, Jake Gyllenhaal, Damien Lewis, Ioan Gruffudd and Danny Agger are just a few of them. I have a complete girl crush on Drew Barrymore as well.

5. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would dearly love to spend a few weeks on the East Coast of America. I've always wanted to visit Boston, New York, Vermont and Washington.

6. What made you start blogging?
The lovely girls on the fashion thread on the MSE forums. I don't remember who had a blog first but Laura, Jen, Char and Vix were all such an inspiration, and then I joined the blogging gang along with lots of others. And also because I was starting to wear new things and try out new styles and blogging seemed like a good way to get ideas and comments about what worked and what didn't.

7. If you had unlimited funds and could splurge on one item what would it be?
An item of clothing? I have hankered after one of these coats for years. Ball-breakingly expensive but it would last forever.


Non-clothing? I'd buy myself a pony. I've wanted one of those for years too!

8. What never fails to make you smile?
My cat - endlessly entertaining, loveable and oh so handsome. Emails and texts from my pal Lee. Quoting The Smoking Room to the few people that know what the heck I'm on about. A new pair of shoes. Flowers in my bedroom. Catching sight of myself in the mirror and realising I'm not a heifer anymore. Getting parcels and letters.

And my 8 questions are:

1) Which blog have you most recently started following?
2) Have you inherited any characteristics from your parents?
3) What's your biggest ever bargain?
4) Who do you most admire?
5) What's your favourite thing to cook?
6) What's the nicest thing someone said to you today?
7) Do you have any party tricks or secret skills?
8) What was the last thing you won?

And I'd like to tag

Helga
Jem
Maggie
Vikki
Ebony
Sangu

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic post Alex. Your dream job within your job sounds amazing and so perfectly you. I know you will achieve your goals as you seem a very determined soul. That coat is divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I like these type of things, makes me feel like I know the people I read that little bit better :)

    Looking forward to your weekly outfit round up tomorrow.

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alex, you should so go for that job, it'd be just you!
    My 18yo has that top and everybody loves it so I think you absolutely should wear it out of the house xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers, love them! That sounds pretty much like my dream job, too. I love an ancient building and dream of caretaking a Rajasthani haveli complete with peacocks and a lake.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. I love finding out more about you - you're such an interesting person! I want to know more about your job because it sounds fascinating and you're obviously passionate about it. Although travelling the country, staying in stately homes sounds rather amazing. Go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was so fun!! I enjoyed reading more about you1!! I want a pony to :D:D

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, glad you did the 8 questions! I'm sure you will get your dream job one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dream job sounds fantastic! I would love to do something similar. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to see a little more of you, I am a huge smoking room fan too!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dream job sounds pretty inspirational; I really admire your ambition.

    The Kermit top looks perfect 'slouch wear' around the house, though if you was feeling brave you could take him outside...

    Thank-you for the advice on the clothes I don't wear. Your right about the dress. I WILL NEVER wear it however timeless and classic it is, it doesn’t suit my shape nor my legs! I think I have realised it is a wonderful dress but just wasn't the one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was really interesting to read. You're so lucky in that you love your job and have a clear focus on what you want to achieve. I'm sure you'll make it happen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great answers, love that Kermit sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your awesome answers!! I want a pony too =)

    The east coast is awesome. I really like Boston and DC. Vermont I've heard is beautiful. =) Just don't buy a ticket to Washington because Washington (state) is actually on the West coast. Well, you can buy a ticket there, but it will be more difficult for you to visit Boston, etc. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really enjoyed this post-it's interesting to find out about people, or maybe just nosey?!! I am intrigued about your job, it sounds right up my street. The building in the earlier post, that's where you work, yes? Stunning!
    And I really like your new layout. the greenery is so rich.
    And yes, I'd like a pony too, tho' I think a carthorse may be a safer bet!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post darl!
    Thank you ever so much for the tag, I shall try & honour it :)
    Have a fantabulous week...
    JEM
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!